MECHELLE GREENSPAN, LAc
Dr. Mechelle Greenspan is a California licensed acupuncturist and Mercier Therapist specializing in Integrative Reproductive Health. She has enjoyed treating patients in Silverlake and the surrounding areas of Los Angeles since 2012.
Mechelle's study of the healing arts first began upon pursuing her massage therapy license, advanced studies in prenatal massage, and doula training in 1996. She later went on to study Eastern Medicine at Yo San University where she obtained her Masters in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
After graduation she studied advanced techniques in Beijing, China and also became certified in Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Rejuvenation. In 2013, the desire to learn more about the ancient healing art lead Mechelle to complete her Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine with a specialty in Integrative Reproductive Medicine and Women's Health. Her most recent certification is in Mercier Therapy, a gentle pelvic visceral manipulation technique created to optimize health and wellbeing by addressing scar tissue and decreased mobility of the reproductive structures. It is beneficial for women of all ages facing fertility challenges, pelvic pain, gynecological surgery recovery, or having gone through traumatic birth experiences. Personally trained by Dr. Jennifer Mercier, Mechelle is the only current practitioner in the Silverlake/Echo Park area of Los Angeles.
With over 15 years of massage therapy experience prior to studying Chinese medicine, Dr. Mechelle offers gentle painless acupuncture treatments. Office visits may include modalities such as cupping, gua sha, and moxibustion in addition to Chinese herbal prescriptions, nutrition and lifestyle recommendations.
• Women’s Health
• Fertility Acupuncture
• Mercier Therapy
• Prenatal Acupuncture
• Postnatal Acupuncture
License and Certifications:
• Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Reproductive Health Specialty
• California Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
• Mercier Therapy Certification
• Birth Doula (DONA Trained)
• Advanced Acupuncture Training and China Beijing Seminars Certification
• Advanced Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal Certification
Benefits of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
• Improves energy and sleep
• Improves digestion
• Regulates blood pressure and blood sugar levels
• Reduces food and allergen sensitivities
• Relieves headaches and migraines
• Relieves pain and improves flexibility
• Regulates menstrual cycle and reduces PMS
• Improves egg and sperm quality
• Increases fertility and birth rates
• Reduces morning sickness
• Encourages efficient labor and delivery
• Reduces post-partum depression and discomfort
• Promotes lactation
For more information about her services please visit mechellegreenspan.com or to make an appointment please email Mechelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-880-2216.